1.8″ TFT LCD Breakout Board
This 1.8˝ TFT LCD is the best way to add a small, colorful, and bright display to any project! The display uses 4 wire SPI to communicate and has its own pixel-addressable frame buffer making it compatible with just about every kind of microcontroller. To make this LCD as easy as possible to work with, it is also Adafruit EYESPI compatible!
This 1.8″ TFT LCD is the best way to add a small, colourful, and bright display to any project! The display uses 4 wire SPI to communicate and has its own pixel-addressable frame buffer making it compatible with just about every kind of microcontroller.
The 1.8″ display has 128×160 color pixels. Unlike the low cost “Nokia 6110″ and similar LCD displays, which are CSTN type and thus have poor color and slow refresh, this display is a true TFT! The TFT driver (ST7735R) can display full 18-bit color (262,144 shades!). And the LCD will always come with the same driver chip so there’s no worries that your code will not work from one to the other.
The breakout has the TFT display soldered on (it uses a delicate flex-circuit connector) as well as a ultra-low-dropout 3.3V regulator and a 3/5V level shifter so you can use it with 3.3V or 5V power and logic. There is a microSD card holder on the back so you can easily load full color bitmaps from a FAT16/FAT32 formatted microSD card.
The Adafruit 1.8” TFT LCD Breakout Board also features an EYESPI connector for a simpler connection to the LCD. EYESPI is a single 18-pin FPC used as a quick way to connect displays.
- 1.8˝ LCD TFT display
- 128x160 resolution
- 262,144 (18bit) color
- 4 or 5 wire SPI digital interface
- 1x10 header for easy breadboarding
- Built-in microSD slot - uses 2 more digital lines
- Onboard 3.3V @ 150mA LDO regulator
- 4 x 0.9˝/2mm mounting holes in corners
- Use with 3.3V or 5V logic
- 2 white LED backlight, transistor connected so you can PWM dim the backlight
- Overall dimensions: 34 x 56 x 6.5mm (1.35 x 2.2 x 0.25˝)
- Current draw is based on LED backlight usage: with full backlight draw is ~50mA
- EYESPI compatible - 18-pin FPC connector
- 1 x 1.8˝ TFT LCD Breakout Board
- 1 x 16 Pin 2.54mm Pitch Header
May We Also Suggest…
TutorialProduct Tutorial: https://learn.adafruit.com/1-8-tft-display/downloads
This product has a 30 Day Warranty from the date of delivery. The item must not be modified, abused, incorrectly hooked up, or used for purposes outside the original scope of design.
This product is returnable Within 14 Days of delivery for a store credit. Item must be unopened, unused, and in re-saleable condition.