Looking to build an Arduino or Raspberry Pi based robot? Drive a ton of LEDs with a very precise PWM output? This Adafruit PWM Breakout Board has you covered! It is an ideal way to drive LEDs, control servo motors, and just about anything else that can accept a PWM or Servo signal.
The Adafruit 16-Channel PWM / Servo breakout is based around the PCA9685 LED driver chipset and features 16 output channels and an internal clock. The internal clock means that, unlike many of the other PWM driver chips out there, you do not need to continuously send it signal tying up your microcontroller, its completely free running! Simply send the board instructions over I2C and the breakout board takes care of the rest!
The breakout is 3.3V and 5V compliant, which means it is compatible with just about any microcontroller or single board computer out there (provided it has I2C capabilities). There are 6 available I2C jumpers broken out on the board meaning up to 62 of these breakouts can be chained together, creating a total of 992 PWM outputs – that’s a lot of servos!
- 16 PWM Channels at 12-bits per channel
- Adjustable frequency PWM up to about 1.6 KHz
- Configurable push-pull or open-drain output
- Safely drive 6V outputs with 3.3V or 5V logic
- 220 ohm series resistors on all the output lines to protect them, and to make driving LEDs trivial
- 6 address select pins – up to 62 on a single i2c bus
- 4us resolution at 60Hz update rate for servos
- Output enable pin to quickly disable all outputs
- Reverse polarity protection on the terminal block input
- Includes a spot to place a big capacitor on the V+ line (in case you need it)
Servo Breakout – Arduino: http://learn.adafruit.com/16-channel-pwm-servo-driver
Servo Breakout – Raspberry Pi: http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-16-channel-servo-driver-with-raspberry-pi
May We Also Suggest…
This product has a 30 Day Warranty from the date of delivery. The item must not be modified, abused, incorrectly hooked up, or used for purposes outside the original scope of design.
This product is returnable Within 14 Days of delivery. Item must be unopened, unused, and in re-saleable condition.