Adafruit Feather FONA
Adafruit Feather FONA
The Adafruit Feather FONA is an all in one Arduino compatible board with a built in cellular phone module. Your mobile project is no longer bound to the availability of WiFi! Simply add a 2G Mini SIM Card (We find Rogers works great in Canada) and a small external antenna. You now have a connected device that can operate anywhere there is GSM service! The Feather FONA can make / receive phone calls, send / receive SMS messages, send / receive GPRS data, scan and receive FM radio, and even pair with Bluetooth devices.
The board is based on the ATMega32u4 clocked at 8HMz with 3.3V logic and the Adafruit FONA800 module. Since this type of board is most likely not going to live on your desk, the Feather FONA also has a JST connector for any of our 3.7V Lithium Polymer batteries and built in charging via USB! They have really thought of everything on this board.
Please Note: Due to high current spikes during normal operation a 500mAh or greater Lithium Polymer battery is required for use with the Adafruit Feather FONA.
- Measures 2.4 x 0.9 x 0.28″ (61 x 23 x 7mm)
- 3.3V regulator with 500mA output
- Hardware Serial, I2C, SPI support
- 10 x analog inputs
- Pin #13 connected to red LED
- Send / receive calls with an external 8Ω speaker + electret microphone
- Scan / receive FM radio broadcasts
- AT command interface with “auto baud” detection
- ATmega32u4 @ 8MHz with 3.3V logic/power
- Power/enable pin for the 3.3V regulator
- 7 x PWM pins
- Built in 500mA lipoly charger with charging status indicator LED
- Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- Send and receive SMS messages
- Send and receive GPRS data (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
- Pair-able Bluetooth client interface with SPP (for controlling the module) as well as audio.
Feather FONA: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-feather-32u4-fona
Back In Stock Notification
This item is currently out of stock, but is available for backorder. If you would like to reserve incoming stock, simply add this to your cart and checkout as per normal. Alternativly, if you would like to be notified when this product is back in stock, simply subscribe to the auto-notification by entering your email address below.
Available on backorder