The Adafruit Feather nRF52840 Express features Bluetooth Low Energy, built in battery charging, and native USB support. This chip has twice the flash, and four times the SRAM of it’s earlier sibling, the nRF52832 – 1 MB of FLASH and 256KB of SRAM. Compared to the nRF51, this board has 4-8 times more of everything.
For this chip, Adafruit has added Arduino IDE support – you can program the nRF52840 chip directly to take full advantage of the Cortex-M4 processor, and then calling into the Nordic SoftDevice radio stack when you need to communicate over BLE.
Adafruit has also picked this chip for their first BLE-friendly CircuitPython board! CircuitPython works best with disk drive access, and this is the only BLE-plus-USB-native chip that has the memory to handle running a the little Python interpreter. The massive RAM and speedy Cortex M4F chip makes this a good match.
This Feather is compatible with all Adafruit FeatherWings and it’s got a bunch of awesome peripherals: plenty of GPIO, analog inputs, PWM, timers, an extra ‘USER’ switch that could be used to trigger OTA updates (or whatever you choose), a NeoPixel LED for status updates, 2 MB of QSPI Flash for storing CircuitPython files, and a SWD connector.
Best of all, Adafruit has done all the heavy lifting of getting the low level BLE stack into shape so you can focus on your project from day one! The example code works great with their existing iOS and Android apps.
- ARM Cortex M4F (with HW floating point acceleration) running at 64MHz
- 1MB flash and 256KB SRAM
- Native Open Source USB stack – pre-programmed with UF2 bootloader
- 21 GPIO, 6 x 12-bit ADC pins, up to 12 PWM outputs (3 PWM modules with 4 outputs each)
- Pin #3 red LED for general purpose blinking
- Dimensions: 51 x 23 x 7.2mm
- Bluetooth Low Energy compatible 2.4GHz radio
- FCC / IC / TELEC certified module
- Up to +8dBm output power
- 1.7v to 3.3v operation with internal linear and DC/DC voltage regulators
- NeoPixel for colorful feedback
- SWD connector for debugging
- Works out of the box with all of our Adafruit FeatherWings!
- Power/enable pin
Adafruit nRF52840 Express: https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing-the-adafruit-nrf52840-feather
May We Also Suggest…
This product has a 30 Day Warranty from the date of delivery. The item must not be modified, abused, incorrectly hooked up, or used for purposes outside the original scope of design.
This product is returnable Within 14 Days of delivery for a store credit. Item must be unopened, unused, and in re-saleable condition.
There are no comments yet.