What’s smaller than a Feather but larger than a Trinket? It’s an Adafruit ItsyBitsy M0 Express! Small, powerful, with a rockin’ ATSAMD21 Cortex M0 processor running at 48 MHz – this microcontroller board is perfect when you want something very compact, but still with a bunch of pins.
ItsyBitsy M0 Express is only 1.4″ long by 0.7″ wide, but has 6 power pins, 23 digital GPIO pins (11 of which can be analog in, 1x analog out, and 13x PWM out). It’s the same chip as the Arduino Zero and packs much of the same capability as an Adafruit Metro M0 Express or Feather M0 Express but really really small. So it’s great once you’ve finished up a prototype on a Metro M0 or Feather M0, and want to make the project much smaller. It even comes with 2MB of SPI Flash built in, for data logging, file storage, or CircuitPython code.
The most exciting part of the ItsyBitsy M0 is that while you can use it with the Arduino IDE, it is shipping it with CircuitPython on board. When you plug it in, it will show up as a very small disk drive with main.py on it. Edit main.py with your favorite text editor to build your project using Python, the most popular programming language. No installs, IDE or compiler needed, so you can use it on any computer, even ChromeBooks or computers you can’t install software on. When you’re done, unplug the Itsy’ and your code will go with you.
- Chip: ATSAMD21G18 32-bit Cortex M0+
- 48 MHz 32 bit processor
- Can be used with Arduino IDE or CircuitPython
- Built in red pin #13 LED
- Built in RGB DotStar LED
- DMA-NeoPixel support on one pin so you can drive pixels without having to spend any processor time on it.
- 13 x PWM outputs – for servos, LEDs, etc
- 7 x Hardware capacitive touch sensors with no additional components required
- 256KB Flash / 32 KB RAM
- Native USB supported by every OS
- 23 GPIO pins with a variety of capabilities
- 1 x True analog output pin – can be used to play 10-bit quality audio clips
- 11 x 12-bit analog inputs
- Can drive NeoPixels or DotStars on any pins, with enough memory to drive 8000+
- Native hardware SPI, I2C and Serial available
Getting Started with ItsyBitsy M0: https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing-itsy-bitsy-m0
This product has a 30 Day Warranty from the date of delivery. The item must not be modified, abused, incorrectly hooked up, or used for purposes outside the original scope of design.
This product is returnable Within 14 Days of delivery for a store credit. Item must be unopened, unused, and in re-saleable condition.