The RFM69HCW radio transceiver is a simple data transmission radio, perfect for use with the Arduino and other microcontrollers or microcomputers. The low frequency is ideal for longer range, lower speed, data transmission. You won’t exactly be streaming video, but for collecting data from sensors, these are an excellent choice.
Unlike Bluetooth or WiFi there is no pairing, scanning, or anything to worry about with connections. Just send data whenever you like and all other modules within range tuned to the same frequency (and with the same encryption key) will receive – simple as that! The transceivers handle all packetization, error correction and can also auto-retransmit.
These RFM69HCWs are not compatible with the more powerful LoRa version, but carry a much lower price. The range is approximately 500 meters, depending on obstructions, frequency, antenna and power output. A wire antenna can be soldered to the ANT pin, otherwise an Edge Launch SMA connector can be used with this board to attach an SMA antenna.
- Ready-to-go Arduino libraries
- Use a simple wire antenna or spot for uFL or SMA radio connector
- +13 to +20 dBm up to 100mW Power Output Capability
- ~150mA peak during +20dBm transmit
- Range of approx. 500m, depending on obstructions, frequency, antenna and power output
- Uses the license-free ISM band: “European ISM” @ 868MHz or “American ISM” @ 915MHz
- SX1231 based module with SPI interface
- Power output selectable in software
- ~30mA during active radio listening
- 3V & 5V logic compatible
RFM69HCW Packet Radio: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-rfm69hcw-and-rfm96-rfm95-rfm98-lora-packet-padio-breakouts
May We Also Suggest…
This product has a 30 Day Warranty from the date of delivery. The item must not be modified, abused, incorrectly hooked up, or used for purposes outside the original scope of design.
This product is returnable Within 14 Days of delivery for a store credit. Item must be unopened, unused, and in re-saleable condition.