Adjustable 4-12V Step-Up/Down Regulator
This step-up/step-down adjustable regulator takes an input voltage from 3 V to 30 V and increase or decrease it as necessary to produce an adjustable 4-12VDC output. This is a switching regulator (also called a switched-mode power supply (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converter) with a single-ended primary-inductor converter (SEPIC) topology, and a typical efficiency between 80% and 90%. The available output current is a function of the input voltage, output voltage, and efficiency and will be around 2 A when the input voltage is close to the output voltage.
The flexibility in input voltage offered by these regulators is especially well-suited for battery-powered applications in which the battery voltage begins above the desired output voltage and drops below the target as the battery discharges. Without the typical restriction on the battery voltage staying above the required voltage throughout its life, new battery packs and form factors can be considered.
This adjustable regulator has built-in reverse-voltage protection, over-current protection, thermal shutdown (which typically activates at 165°C), and an under-voltage lockout that causes the regulator to turn off when the input voltage is below 2.5 V (typical).
- Input voltage: 2.9 V to 32 V
- Typical maximum continuous output current: 2 A when input voltage is close to the output voltage
- Typical efficiency of 80% to 90%
- Compact size: 1.7″ × 0.825″ × 0.38″ (43 × 21 × 10 mm)
- Adjustable output from 4-12V
- Integrated reverse-voltage protection (up to 30 V), over-current protection, over-temperature shutoff, and under-voltage lockout
- Four 0.086″ mounting holes for #2 or M2 screws
- Smaller holes for 0.1″ header pins and larger holes for terminal blocks
This product has a 30 Day Warranty from the date of delivery. The item must not be modified, abused, incorrectly hooked up, or used for purposes outside the original scope of design.
This product is returnable Within 14 Days of delivery. Item must be unopened, unused, and in re-saleable condition.
More Information:For more information on our Warranty and Return Policies, please consult our Terms of Service
- Add to cart
- Additional information
- Custom attributes
- Custom fields