Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 NoIR – Standard
The Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 is the newest standard RPi camera, and a replacement for the Camera Module 2. This version uses the Sony IMX708 image sensor, a 12 megapixel module featuring improved low-light sensitivity, powered autofocus, and HDR support. The camera is available in Standard and NoIR versions just as before, with a wide angle and standard lens variant for each!
Please Note: Product is available for Pre-Order.
Out of Stock - Available on Backorder
The Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 is the newest version of the standard RPi camera in the product line-up, and a replacement for the Camera Module 2. This version uses the Sony IMX708 image sensor, a 12 megapixel module featuring improved low-light sensitivity, powered autofocus, and HDR support. The camera is available in Standard and NoIR versions just as before, with a wide angle and standard lens variant for each!
This specific version of the camera features the standard 75° field of view lens and no IR filter installed – ideal for applications using IR illumination. The image sensor is capable of capturing 4608×2592 pixel images and 4608×2592 @14 FPS/2304×1296 @56 FPS/1536×864 @120FPS video. With HDR enabled the resolution is limited to 2304×1296 @ 30 FPS.
The camera is compatible with all versions of the Raspberry Pi with a camera connector however, a software update is required to use this camera. Update your Raspberry Pi OS to the latest version and the correct driver and version of libcamera will be installed. It should be noted: this camera can only be used with libcamera and the previous raspistill and raspivid libraries do not work.
Physically, the V3 PCB is the same size as the V2 Camera however there are minor differences in thickness, and overall shape of the image sensor. Some accessories with larger clearances for the image should be compatible with the camera, but other closer fitting cases and accessories may not fit.
- Back-illuminated and stacked CMOS 12-megapixel image sensor (Sony IMX708)
- Resolution: 11.9 megapixels
- Sensor size: 7.4mm (diagonal)
- Pixel size: 1.4 × 1.4μm
- Horizontal/vertical: 4608 × 2592 pixels
- Output: RAW10
- IR cut filter: Integrated
- Dimensions: 25 × 24 × 11.5mm
- Cable connector: 15 × 1mm FPC
- Built-in 2D Dynamic Defect Pixel Correction (DPC)
- Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) for rapid autofocus
- QBC Re-mosaic function
- HDR mode (up to 3-megapixel output)
- CSI-2 serial data output
- 2-wire serial communication (supports I2C fast mode and fast-mode plus)
- 2-wire serial control of focus mechanism
- IR filter removed
- Effective focal length 4.74mm
- Diagonal field of view 75 degrees (at 16:9)
- 35mm equivalent focal length roughly 28mm (full width) - 30mm (3:2 crop)
- Focus 10cm - infinity
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 - Standard
- 1 x 150mm Raspberry Pi Camera Cable
May We Also Suggest…
This product has a 30 Day Warranty from the date of delivery. The item must not be modified, abused, incorrectly hooked up, or used for purposes outside the original scope of design.
This product is returnable Within 14 Days of delivery for a store credit. Item must be unopened, unused, and in re-saleable condition.