This is a breakout board for the SP3485 RS-485 transceiver IC, which will convert a UART serial stream to RS-485. The SP3485 is a half-duplex transceiver, so it can only communicate one way at a time, but it can reach transmission speeds of up to 10Mbps. This board requires a very low amount of power and can operate from a single +3.3VDC supply.
This breakout board includes the SP3485 transceiver, filter capacitor, and other required components. SparkFun has broken out the RS-485 output to three different connections: (1) an RJ-45 connector, (2) a 3-pin 3.55mm screw terminal, and (3) a 3-pin 0.1″ pitch header; none of these output connectors come populated.
- Fully equipped with SP3485 transceiver and supporting components
- Operates from a single +3.3V supply
- Driver/Receiver Enable connected to RTS line
- Allows up to 32 transceivers on the serial bus
- RS-485 input/output broken out to RJ-45 connector, 3.5mm screw terminal, and 0.1\" pitch header
- Interoperable with +5.0V logic
- -7V to +12V Common-Mode Input Voltage Range
- Driver Output Short-Circuit Protection
- 1 x SparkFun Transceiver Breakout - RS-485
May We Also Suggest…
This product has a 30 Day Warranty from the date of delivery. The item must not be modified, abused, incorrectly hooked up, or used for purposes outside the original scope of design.
This product is returnable Within 14 Days of delivery for a store credit. Item must be unopened, unused, and in re-saleable condition.