Converting a line level audio signal to something that can be heard from basic speakers by the average person requires an amplifier. This very tiny stereo amplifier is able to deliver 2.1W into each of its two channels when used with 4 ohm impedance speakers (@ 10% THD). It is also quite efficient – 89% efficiency when driving 8Ω impedance speakers at 1.5 Watts!
The TPA2012 amplifier is a replacement for the older TS2012 amplifier and can be used interchangeably in 99% of projects. Just like the TS2012, the TPA2012 is rated class D and can operate on anywhere between 2.7V-5.5VDC. It also features overcurrent and thermal protection built right in. The board ships fully assembled and includes optional breakaway headers for breadboard use and screw terminals for speaker outputs.
- Power: 2.1W at 4Ω, 10% THD, 1.4W at 8Ω, 10% THD, with 5V Supply
- Designed for use without an output filter, when wires are kept at under 2″-4″ long
- Excellent click-and-pop suppression
- Independent channel shutdown
- PSRR: 77 dB typ @ 217 Hz with 6 dB gain
- Four pin-selectable gains: 6dB, 12dB, 18dB and 24dB. Select with the onboard switches
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Low current draw: typ 6mA quiescent and 1.5uA in shutdown mode
TPA2012 Amplifier: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-ts2012-2-8w-stereo-audio-amplifier
This product has a 30 Day Warranty from the date of delivery. The item must not be modified, abused, incorrectly hooked up, or used for purposes outside the original scope of design.
This product is returnable Within 14 Days of delivery for a store credit. Item must be unopened, unused, and in re-saleable condition.