How information is collected
When using the BC Robotics Website (www.bc-robotics.com
) information is collected as a part of normal website operation, customer contact, website traffic monitoring, and in the process of fulfilling user requests. The type of data collected and how it is retained will vary depending on the actions of the user.
User Input Data:
When a user account is created, a comment is posted, or an order is placed (with or without a user account) we collect the input data you provide.
- When creating a user account we require an email address. If additional information is provided, we will also have access to this information. This information is used to create the requested user profile.
- When posting a user comment or review on the BC Robotics Website: we retain your name, email address, and comments. Information such as name, email address, and comments will be used to post the user comment and will become public.
- When placing an order with BC Robotics: we retain records of what was purchased, how it was purchased, your shipping and billing address, your email address, your telephone number, and any contact you may have with us regarding the order.
When you email us
If you email us, this email is stored on our email server and eventually archived. Emails and contents are retained for reference and are never sold. Information may be shared with third parties when required to complete a request.
Data Logging and Data Retention
As a part of standard website maintenance practices and to better understand site traffic, we log individual web requests. The log includes the time of the request, the IP address, the referrer and the user agent strings.
As a part of fraud prevention and malicious behavior detection, we log IP addresses when certain actions are performed on the website. These include creating an account, logging in to the website, placing an order, and posting a comment.
How we send Email
BC Robotics sends email to customers and users during the course processing requests and transactions.
- Customers will receive an email confirming the order, a receipt from the payment gateway of choice (if applicable), and a notification when the order has been shipped. If there is an issue shipping the order, an item on backorder preventing it from being shipped, or any other issues surrounding the order we may also send an email.
- When signing up for an account or requesting a password reset, an email will be sent with instructions to the address provided.
- If we believe the information of a user has been compromised we will notify by email if it is within our power to do so.
BC Robotics also offers email subscriptions for our newsletter mailing list and product “back-in-stock” notifications. To receive these notifications, a user must opt-in to receiving them by entering their email address in one of the subscribe boxes on our website.
To remove yourself from our newsletter mailing list, simply click the “unsubscribe” link at the footer of any previously sent newsletter or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
to request removal. All removal requests will be honored and respected.
Our product notifications will only send out an email when that specific product arrives back in stock. As soon as that email has been sent, the address is deleted from the notification list. If you wish to be removed from a product notification (or all product notifications) before that email has been sent, please contact us at email@example.com
Data Exchange & Delivery
BC Robotics makes use of Sucuri Performance Optimization, a content delivery network to improve website performance.
We make an attempt to serve all data over an HTTPS secured connection.
Cookies and Tracking
Third Party Services
Special shipping requests or requesting to use another carrier will result in information being handled differently. For additional information, please feel free to contact us.
We offer several choices for paying for an order with BC Robotics. Depending on the payment method selected, information will be handled differently.
– Card payments through Square are processed on Square's servers. Information is passed to Square to aide in fraud prevention and process the payment. This information includes the order total, the order number, the customer name, email address, credit card details, and the billing address.
– Canadian Customers are welcome to use E-Transfer to make a payment. Since this payment method is initiated by the purchaser, our servers do not pass any order information to Interac.
If an alternate payment method is arranged, payment information and data collected may be handled differently. For additional information, please feel free to contact us.
Security, Content Delivery, and Analytics
Certain behaviours online allow users to share information publicly. This includes, but it is not limited to, posting comments, sharing over social media, and sharing wishlists. Users should remember that in doing this, information may become available to the public. We cannot control information that a user decides to make public.
Identifiable information is not sold, traded, or rented to others except in the following circumstances:
- With user consent
- For the merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding involving the sale or transfer of all or substantially all of our business or assets.
- For legal protection, security, and safety purposes. This includes regulatory, legal process, and law enforcement requirements.
- To protect our rights