Welcome to the most powerful Feather made to date: The Feather M4 Express. This Feather is powered by our favorite new chip, the ATSAMD51J19 – a 32-bit 120MHz Cortex M4 processor with floating point support, 512KB Flash, 192KB RAM.
The Feather M4 ships with CircuitPython on board. When you plug it in, it will show up as a very small disk drive with main.py on it. Edit main.py with your favorite text editor to build your project using Python, the most popular programming language. No installs, IDE or compiler needed, so you can use it on any computer, even ChromeBooks or computers you can’t install software on. When you’re done, unplug the Feather and your code will go with you.
Want to use it with Arduino instead? The Feather M4 can be used with the Arduino IDE – and it’s bonkers fast when you do. Just follow the Adafruit guide on setting it up with Arduino and it is ready to go!
The Feather M4 Express also has a mini NeoPixel and 2 MB SPI Flash storage. You can use the SPI Flash storage like a very tiny hard drive. When used in CircuitPython, the 2 MB flash acts as storage for all your scripts, libraries and files. When used in Arduino, you can read/write files to it, like a little datalogger or SD card, and then with our helper program, access the files over USB.
For connecting your project there are 21 GPIO pins featuring:
- Dual 1 MSPS 12 bit true analog DAC (A0 and A1) – can be used to play 12-bit stereo audio clips
- Dual 1 MSPS 12 bit ADC (6 analog pins some on ADC1 and some on ADC2)
- 6 x hardware SERCOM – Native hardware SPI, I2C and Serial all available
- 16 x PWM outputs – for servos, LEDs, etc
- I2S input and output
- 8-bit Parallel capture controller (for camera/video in)
Finally, the M4 Express also features the same Built in 100mA lipoly charger with charging status indicator LED found on all Feathers.
- Dimensions: 51 x 23 x 8mm (2 x 0.9 x 0.28″)
- ATSAMD51 32-bit Cortex M4 core running at 120 MHz
- 2 MB SPI FLASH chip for storing files and CircuitPython code storage
- 32.768 KHz crystal for clock generation & RTC
- USB native support
- Weight: 5g
- 3.3V logic and power
- No EEPROM
- 3.3V regulator with 500mA peak current output
- USB bootloader and serial port debugging
- Built in 100mA lipoly charger with charging status indicator LED
- 21 x GPIO pins with multiple capabilties
Adafruit Feather M4 Express : https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-feather-m4-express-atsamd51
May We Also Suggest…
This product has a 30 Day Warranty from the date of delivery. The item must not be modified, abused, incorrectly hooked up, or used for purposes outside the original scope of design.
This product is returnable Within 14 Days of delivery for a store credit. Item must be unopened, unused, and in re-saleable condition.
There are no comments yet.