What’s smaller than a Feather but larger than a Trinket? It’s an ItsyBitsy! A small, powerful, Arduino-compatible microcontroller board. These are perfect when you want something very compact, but still with a bunch of pins.
ItsyBitsy is only 1.4″ long by 0.7″ wide, but has 6 power pins, 6 analog & digital pins and 17 digital pins. It packs much of the same capability as an Arduino UNO. So it’s great once you’ve finished up a prototype on a bigger Arduino, and want to make the project much smaller.
The ItsyBitsy 32u4 5V 16MHz uses the Atmega32u4 chip, which is the same core chip in the Arduino Leonardo and Arduino Micro. It runs at the same speed and voltage of an Arduino UNO or Leonardo. So you’ll be happy to hear that not only is ItsyBitsy programmable using the Arduino IDE as you already set up, but a vast number of Arduino projects will work out of the box! Since it is based on the Atmega32u4 chipset, it can also be used as a Human Interface Device to provide keyboard and mouse inputs to a computer.
This is an excellent upgrade from a Pro Trinket 5V due to the native USB support, USB Serial Debugging, and a more reliable bootloader. The Pro Trinket LiPo backpack is also compatible with this board, for those times a recharge-able battery is needed.
- ATmega32u4 on board chip in QFN package
- USB bootloader with a nice LED indicator, AVR109 compatible (same as Flora, Feather 32u4, Leonardo, etc)
- Can act as a USB HID Keyboard, Mouse, MIDI or plain USB ‘CDC’ serial device (default)
- Low current 3.3V regulator output from chip, for small sensors
- 23 GPIO total – 6 analog in, 1x SPI port, 1x I2C port, 1x Hardware Serial port and 10 more GPIO, 4 of which have PWM
- On-board red pin #13 LED
- Dimensions: 35 x 18 x 4.1mm / 1.4 x 0.7 x 0.2″
- 5V power and logic, 16MHz clock rate, 2KB RAM and 28K FLASH
- Micro-USB jack for power, USB uploading and debugging, you can put it in a box or tape it up and use any Micro USB cable for when you want to reprogram.
- On-board 5.0V power regulator with 150mA output capability and ultra-low dropout. Up to 16V input, reverse-polarity protection, thermal and current-limit protection.
- Power with either USB or external output (such as a battery) into VBAT pin – it’ll automatically switch over
- Weight: 2.6g / 0.1oz
Introducing Itsy Bitsy 32u4: https://learn.adafruit.com/introducting-itsy-bitsy-32u4
May We Also Suggest…
This product has a 30 Day Warranty from the date of delivery. The item must not be modified, abused, incorrectly hooked up, or used for purposes outside the original scope of design.
This product is returnable Within 14 Days of delivery. Item must be unopened, unused, and in re-saleable condition.